CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Count Down


Well, we're in the home stretch! Single digit weeks and counting until Baby Mitchell arrives! I am so ready for this one. Henry somehow understands that there is a baby in Mommy's tummy, because when we talk about the baby, he pulls up my shirt and hugs my stomach...I'll wait while you dab your eyes. I just did.

I love being a mommy. My wise sister, Anna, once told me that it was the worst and the most wonderful thing in the world. At the time, pre-mommyhood, I thought that was strange, but now I totally get it. The worst part is the worry: Is that cough turning into pneumonia? Will all of the horrible stories I hear on the news someday happen to us? Will Henry and this baby grow up to know Christ as their Savior? It doesn't stop.

The wonderful part is the way ordinary things become extraordinary! Who would have thought the word "outside" could bring such joy to a child or Lily (our dog) wrestling with a ball could induce such laughter? Hugs and kisses and fist pumps (thanks Aunt Beth) are the best!

Needless to say my experiences with little Henry have made my excitement for this next one boundless. God has been so good, and I continue to be amazed at His blessings.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting and so glad we were able to see Henry in March! We will try to get there sometime this fall and when we do we will give you all a call! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete