CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Closing

Some of the bigger changes in life definitely don't consult our calendars before they decide to make their appearance in our lives. I am learning to have patience, peace and joy even when things do not fall perfectly into my schedule as I would wish them to. God has His own agenda and life lessons for us.

We are closing on two houses this week. Tomorrow we close on our home on 5th Street, where we have been for almost five years now. This is very sad, because Matt and I love our little house and have made so many wonderful memories there, one being that we brought Henry home to it. It is simply getting too small, and we need another bathroom and more storage space! There will soon be four of us, one of whom will be potty training...We will close on Tuesday and turn around on Wednesday and close on a new one. I am very excited about it all, and God has moved in ways I could never have imagined to make this all happen so quickly, which I am grateful for.

We have to be out of our home by Friday of this week, so our home is packed full of boxes; there is nothing on the walls; all of our utensils, cooking items, dishes, books, everything is packed! This makes life interesting, and our home feels slightly cold. I have been thinking that this may be God's way of helping me cope with the move from a home that we have been so happy in. I cried like a baby when we left our dumpy little apartment five years ago. Hopefully, I will be so eager to get out of the mess and into our new home, that I won't think about being sad. We'll see if it works.

In the meantime, while all of this is going on, I am inching closer and closer to the arrival of our newest little Mitchell. I feel like I have not had the time to devote to planning and preparing my heart (and my home) for this little one. Oh, I know I will love it tremendously. I want to be mentally ready, though. I want to be ready to help Henry with the transition; I want my family to be settled and used to our new home; I want a lot. All of these things are blessings though. I have so much to be thankful for. We are healthy; we have a roof over our heads; jobs; food; and a beautiful growing family.

Closing seems like such an inappropriate word right now, with so much before me. I guess the beginning of all of these new adventures cannot begin until some of the old ones end. I will miss our little home, but it was a perfect place to get our start.

No comments:

Post a Comment